Saturday, May 19, 2012

Grillin and Chillin

Summer is upon us, and with that comes the time to fire up the old grill.  My tried and true items on the gill are chicken and corn.  For post-ops, the summer season is a great time.  Grilling was made for high protein low carb meals, plus being outside is a great way to get exercise.  Go for a walk or a run, play tennis or hit the pool.  

How to Grill Chicken:
I admit, I stole this from Bariatric Foodie, but I will repeat it for you here.  Marinate your chicken in greek yogurt.  I like to mix different marinades with the yogurt.  That's it.  That's the trick to perfectly tender chicken on the grill.  

How to Grill Corn:
Step one, get some butter.  Step two get some spices, I like simple salt and pepper.  Seasoned salt works well too.  Mix spices into butter.  Peel back the husks of the corn and remove the stringy bits.  Rub the corn with your compound butter (fancy name for butter with stuff in it).  Pull the husks back up over the buttered corn and warp in aluminum foil.  Cook the mess out of it.  The butter essentially steams the corn and leave the spices on the surface.  So tasty!

Happy Dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment